Haryana cabinet under the chairmanship of chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar took major decisions for providing affordable group houses. As a part of this cabinet, the land allotted for group housing has been increased from 15 acres to 30 acres now.
The Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana which is the policy meant for the Affordable Plotted Housing is also extended to the Gurugram Development Plan. This housing policy was termed as “Housing for all” and is allotted for most core areas of municipalities in the state. As per the officials, Urban Local Bodies Department under Town and Country Planning Development will represent the Haryana Development and Regulations of Urban Area Act 1975.
According to the new policy which is applicable for primary areas, projects would be allowed in municipal towns with the minimum area of one acre and maximum area of five acres. Some major decisions are taken in the cabinet such as
- The floor area ratio for one acre will be 250 and that for 2.5 to 5 acres will be 275 as per the needs of the families.
- The allotment rate for the affordable housing policy is set to Rs.4000 per sq.ft in hyper potential zones.
- High potential zones have the issuing rate of Rs.3000 per sq.ft.
Allotment procedures and steps are taken
- Allotment rate for medium potential zones is set to Rs. 2,500 and that for low potential zones will be Rs.2,100.
- The identified beneficiaries for the affordable housing policy will be provided the financial help of Rs. 2.5 lakhs of which Rs 1 lakh is under the state’s share and the remaining 1.5 lakhs under center’s share.
- Under the new affordable housing policy, a limited number of projects will be allowed and only the predetermined rate will be considered in the sale.
- There will be no need for licensing fees and internal development charges.
- Examination fees will be levied at the prescribed rates and will be mentioned clearly in the registration form.
- The schedule, as well as the rate of EDC (Economic development charge rates), shall be levied that is applicable to plotted colonies in order to minimize the impact of EDC.
The first priority would be given to the physically handicapped person, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes and senior citizens for the allotment procedures. Minorities, transgender, single women and other vulnerable sections of the societies are also considered for greater importance in the allotment procedure.
A few important decisions are taken in Haryana cabinet
- The Haryana cabinet also approved a new policy to issue the TDR (Transferable Development Rights) which can make the land aggregation for public utilities and infrastructure a lot easier than in the past. The need for this arrived only after the Land Acquisition Act which made it difficult to ensure provisioning of end to end infrastructure due to the land procurement struggles.
- Extension of Commercial plotted colony policy over Gurugram is also approved by the cabinet which can provide additional options to it.
- Issuance of clarification in the NILP policy which confirms the applicability of TOD policy to resolve the issues regarding implementation in the process.